Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Message From Odysseus

Photobucket

Hiiiiiiiiiiii theerrrrrrrrreee yooooouuuuu!

It is I, Odysseus. Here to fuck up your Time-Space Continuum, you fuck ups.

Man, I kill myself. How is everyone doing though? Me, not so well at the moment. I think I'm getting sick. I'm guessing it's the sudden weather change out here coupled with Spring time, which equals pollen and allergies. I don't really suffer from allergies that much but I get these random sinus attacks once in a while.

Anyway, I'm happy to be alive. My weekend was so-so. Nothing too big to talk about. Went out last night to a nice, chilled lounge. Beautiful women. Afro-centric might I add. That's always refreshing. I NEARLY ended up driving a friend (and his friends) to New Jersey because he was too drunk, but we killed enough time arguing for him to sober up and be able to drive again. SUCCESS! Good thinking huh!? Picture me waking up in New Jersey today, with no money and a hangover. Nah-uh son!

Nothing major has been on my mind lately but Grad School and my GMAT. I actually have a window open right now, with some test questions, which I'm about to tackle as soon as I'm done with this post. It's funny but I'm not nervous about Grad School. As in, It's in my head because I want to do it, but it's not bothering me that I may not be as prepared as I think I am for it. Or that IF/WHEN I start Grad School, I might be living a very broke and simple life (which is not far from what I'm doing right now ANYWAY) because I won't be able to hold down a job and be a full-time Grad student. Like I can't be making dough like how I know how. I guess I'll just have to get on a super-grind and figure out other ways to make money.

But I look at it this way, if I'm in school for an MBA, the MBA program will teach me about business (making money). So in a way, I won't be working, but my mind will be working on how to make WORK even more profitable. Dig? And maybe I can hustle classmates and kids on campus while I'm at it. I mean, it's New York City. SOMETHING gotta' give, son!

So yeah, I'm excited for the challenge. I feel like challenges are what have made me who I am today. What have made me so involved in so many different things. If things came easy to me, I would be, in the words of Lil Duval, "A basic nigga." LOL.

This coming week will be much of the same thing. It will be a little shorter though, because I plan on taking Friday, Saturday and Sunday off work because my boy Samalu is coming to visit me from Cali. Gotta show homie a good time and that will require me getting drunk and not being able to go to work. Pretty much. Yup!

Spring is officially here people. This means things blossoming. New ideas. New life. Act like it! I want to leave you guys with a quote I read on a rapper's twitter page. Actually two rappers. One if from Grafh and it said, "My goal is to be better by the hour. You have 24 times a day to be your greatest. Try not to suck at being you." The other is from CurT@!n$; he said, "Most people have a winners vocabulary with a losers work ethic. Say less, do more. That's all." Heavy words right? I know!

That. Is. All.

Peace Up, Up & Away!

- Odysseus.

Blog.

Twitter.

No comments: