Tuesday, January 19, 2010

DEF POETRY JAM DAY 2

J. IVY - NEVER LET ME DOWN

Wuss good martians? Well, as promised, here's my number 4 poem, I really love this one, since the first time I heard it, do y'all know which artist featured this poem and poet in his album? Do your research! Anyways, hope y'all enjoying this segment, catch y'all tomorrow.

Poem

We are all here for a reason on a particular path
You don't need a curriculum to know that you're apart of the math
Cats think I'm delirious but I'm so damn serious
That's why I expose my soul to the globe; the world
I'm tryna make it better for these little boys and girls
I'm not just another individual
My spirit is a part of this that's why it's spiritual
But I get my hymns from him
So it's not me it's he that's lyrical
I'm not a miracle, I'm a heaven sent instrument
My rhythmatic regiment navigates melodic notes
For your soul and your mental
That's why I'm instrumental, vibrations is what I'm into
Yeah I need my loot by rent day
But that ain't what gives me the heart of Kunta Kinte
I'm tryna give us us free like Sinke
I can't stop, that's why I'm hot
Determination, dedication, motivation
I'm talking to you of my many inspirations
When I say I can't let you or self down
If I were on the highest cliff, on the highest riff
And if you slipped off the side and clinched on to your life
In my grip I would never ever let you down
And when these words are found
Let it be known that God's penmanship has been signed
With a language called love
That's why my breath is felt by the death
And while my words are heard and confined to the ears of the blind
I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cuz whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of god reigns out

Enjoy!!

No comments: