Wednesday, December 31, 2008

3 1/2 STARS: SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE


Here's an unexpected flick that'll hit you upside your head. Anyways, everyone knows, when you are a movie junkie, you love knowing about new movies and being on top of your movie game. So, with that being said, I saw the trailer for this movie and I thought to myself, that's a good movie, I'll wait for it on dvd, and the thing about me is, if a movie looks like its crazy, I have to go check it out in the cinema, its just one of those things I do..I need a life, i know, but back to the movie, now, I cant tell y'all how I watched it but trust me, I wish I saw this flick at the cinemas.

This movie is one of a kind, the concept behind it is amazing, creative and it takes you on an emotional rollercoster. While watching this movie, I found myself rooting for the undergod and hope he makes it through, haha, and that's not in my nature when it comes to movies. It's definitely worth a watch, worth your time and you'll get to see the other side of India, the "slums", and also, you'll enjoy the "Amitabh Bachchan" scenes, I know I did. Anyways, I'll let y'all know what I think of "The curious case of Benjamin Button", "Cadillac Records" and "The Wrestler" in the next couple of days. Stay up. Happy holidays.

No comments: