Monday, February 8, 2010

A Message From Odysseus

Photobucket

Is this thing on?

What it look like family? Just when you thought I was gone, BANG! I'm fucking around, how ya'll been though? Man, I've had the longest day ever, and I'm still not home yet. I'm in Brooklyn chilling with my peeps in their studio. I like coming here for inspiration. The vibe is dope. PLUS, there's another reason I came here...(drum rolls please.....) Your boy is most likely going to be interning with 10 Deep clothing soon. Yeah, I just came from a mini interview with them. I don't know how many of ya'll are familiar with 10 Deep but these dudes makes the illest underground gear. If you haven't heard of them, I suggest you check them out, STUPID. Here is their website. They also have a heavy rotation on Karmaloop.com. Actually, Karmaloop is where I first heard about them. They've been around, kicking ass sinc3 1995 - they're something like veterans in this street-wear game.

Photobucket

How did I get the internship you ask? Well, I had visited their office in Brooklyn about 3 months ago, chopped it up with one of their account managers, told him about myself and my internship at Complex Magazine. Dude was cool, he took my resume. But I never heard back from them until last week. I had even forgotten about them to be honest. But they seemed interested in the kid and I'm knowledgeable about their brand and philosophy. I'll be helping out with their marketing department, kinda like what I'm doing at Complex. But I won't be limited to just marketing, my hands will be all over the place. I will also be doing a lot of social networking for them. Facebook, blogging, twitter. They are in the process of re-launching their website - I'll need to help them with that.

I don't know how I'm going to handle two internships and a part-time job but I will. I owe it to myself to push harder than I already am. This is a great opportunity. And until I can find a better paying job or get into Grad School, I don't see why I shouldn't take this opportunity. So yeah, your boy will be with the 10 Deep family too. Hold that!

In other news today.....actually, I don't have any other news. I'm hella tired and I need to head back home and chill out a bit. But before I leave, I want to piggy back off what my brother Losi asked the ladies, "Do ya'll love blogging?" Do ya'll love the shit we post up? If so, comment, let us know. Blow us kisses. XOXOXOX. Dig!? LOL

I love ya'll. I really do. Ya'll fuel me.

P.S. I came up with an idea for a DRUg t-shirt but that will stay under wraps until I discuss it with my brother Losi. Then ya'll will get the sneak peek (pic). Just know that it will be crazy and creative, just how we are. Speaking of ideas, please still e-mail me YOUR ideas for my Dru York t-shirts. My email is amahiga@gmail.com. Go!

From 1 half of the bloggersphere's biggest fear, signing off until next week.

- Odysseus.

Blog.

Twitter.

No comments: