Monday, November 2, 2009

J. COLE - A STAR IS BORN (DAY 1)


Wuss good Martians? I'm chillin, hustlin, outerspacin, haha, so I was in my lecture today and something hit me cause my instructor was boring as hell, anyways, this is not a light bulb moment, but I realized that in this new era of hip hop, there a couple of young dudes that are really outta this world, and J.Cole is definitely one of them, besides Drake, Cudi, Wale and maybe B.O.B!

But here's the thing, everyone I talk to bout J.Cole, they know dude is lyrical and crazy with the flow but they're only aware of certain tracks like "a star is born, lights please, simba and the new track off Wale's album "Beautiful bliss". Now all this is cool and all but after paying attention to both his mixtapes, I think there are a lot of crazier, more lyrical, thought provoking tracks that Cole has done, so, this week, I'ma hit y'all with 5 tracks and "MAYBE" lyrics to go with them so y'all can check out the lyrical content, the concepts, the punch lines, the double-entendres, all that, just so y'all can get the full picture...so like Drake says "Thank me later"

Here's the first track for y'all and it's one of my personal favorites, "Dreams". Enjoy it and I'ma hit you with another one tomorrow, till then, stay humble, stay hungry. Download Dreams HERE

No comments: