Friday, May 7, 2010

A Message From Odysseus

Photobucket

Now where was I!?

Back from a hiatus, hi haters. Even I hate us! How ya’ll been? What an eventful 2 weeks I’ve had. I’m trying to remember what happened so I can share it all with ya’ll. My bad if I sound all over the place on this - but that’s how I am in real life, all over the place.

Well I applied to one Grad school last week, applying to another one next week. Then it’s waiting and praying. It’s not in my hands after that. I went to Washington, D.C. last weekend, to meet up with my sister. Ended up only seeing her on Sunday, the same day I was leaving. Anyway, at least I saw her. And she’s in NY now so we’re bonding.

I have to give ya’ll a brief rundown on what she’s doing out here. My sister is my biggest inspiration in this world. No blog, website, book, teacher or global leader can inspire me like my sister can. So TIME Inc. has this mentorship program every where they train and work with business women from all around the world, on how to become more effective leaders. My sister was nominated by some people back in Tanzania and was awarded an opportunity to attend this 3.5 week program in the United States. In a nutshell, she just attended a dinner recently, attended by TIME’s 100 Most Influential People in the world. Yup, THOSE people. My sister was IN there! I don’t know what else to say about her but just keep an eye on her because she never seizes to impress me, even though I say that everything she does can’t impress me anymore. I really think God has a plan for that woman, that mankind cannot control or dictate. Amen to that!

Back to your boy’s grind. I’m trying to work on a trip to Las Vegas in early June. Some of you might remember that I told ya’ll I met Russell Simmons with my boy Hasheem Thabeet a few weeks ago? Well, that’s as much as I’ll tell ya’ll about this Vegas trip until it’s finalized. Don’t want to get ahead of myself. Just know that this won’t be any ordinary opportunity for your boy(s).

What’s everybody doing this summer? Honestly, I don’t know what I’m doing so I want to kindly ask ya’ll to stop asking me! Live your lives! Thank you.

I thought I was going to lose my mind last week. A lot was going through my mind. I mean, A LOT. Shit that was even too much to handle and I think that I’m a pretty strong minded person. I say that because I’ve been living alone and taking care of myself for a very long time. And I’m only 24. But last week might have been the toughest week of my life. I still have a lot on my mind but I think I’ve gotten over that mental barrier of worrying. I’m thinking more clearly. Hence how I’m even able to write this note to ya’ll today. I was really not inspired to write or blog about anything. I just wanted to lock myself in a room and get in a comma for a while. That wasn’t going to happen so I stopped feeling sorry for myself.

I’ve been listening to Young Jeezy’s ‘Trap Or Die 2’ mixtape for the past couple days and I have to admit, that shit is the best mixtape to come out this year so far. That shit probably single-handedly helped me get off my depressed state of mind and GRIND! I’m even listening to it right now as I type this. True story. I suggest you download it if you haven’t already. It’s on either one of our blogs.

I’ve been thinking, a lot people (well, maybe not a lot but a few that matter) come up to me and ask me for advice.- people I know and some acquaintances. Advice on whatever they do, but mostly on stuff that they know interests me. Stuff like music, fashion, lifestyle, business, things that attract smart, young people basically. I have very good conversations with these people and I end up learning a lot about them and their ideas. I was wondering if I should be getting serious about being a lifestyle consultant. I feel like I share great ideas with people but don’t gain anything. I know it sounds like me being selfish but I really feel like if you believe in your abilities, deep down in your heart, then you should be getting paid for those abilities. YOU SHOULD GET PAID FOR YOUR PASSION AND NEVER SECOND GUESS IT. Period! I feel like my conversations with people will be more fruitful that way. It will also remove me from talking to people who really are not putting me in the right direction in life. Pointless convo is annoying. I don’t know, it’s just a thought. That’s what this post is supposed to be about anyway right, my thoughts? Ok then.

Before I leave this bitch, I want to give a huge congratulations to my brother Losi for graduating University (tomorrow officially). The trilogy is finally complete! We’re about to step on ya’ll necks with spiked cleats! Ungh! Look out for Losi, Andrew and Daudi (L.A.Ds). It’s a brand name, like Pepsi! You loojers! I love my dudes. I love my circle of influence. Nothing but genuine minds and hearts. Oh yeah, our boy Amour might just be the President of this shit. Why not!?

Has this been my longest note yet? I think so. Well you guys deserve it for being so patient with me. Hope you enjoyed the meal. Ha! I’m trying to tape another DruYork TV episode but ya’ll are sucking at giving me ideas. Who the hell do I look like, God!?

I just put on my jetpack. Wait until I get back!

Uno.

- Odysseus.

Blog.

Twitter.

P.S. I want to wish my mother and all the mothers or mother-like figures out there a happy Mother’s Day for Sunday. I don’t know where this world would be without them. Dru-ey sends unconditional love your way!

No comments: