Tuesday, March 24, 2009

DRU YORKIAN INTERVIEWS VA'S OWN SUBURBAN DISTRICT

Dru Yorkian is my boy's blog and he just did an exclusive interview with VA's artists that go by the name of Suburban District and it's pretty interesting. So, hi haters he's back off hiatus and I don't blame y'all cuz if I was you, I'd hate us. Peep the interview.

Since Google or some other negative minded "folks" might not think I give credit to wherever I get my posts from or that I don't have original material on my blog, here is an interview I did with up-and-coming Virginia Hiphop/Rock/Alternative group Suburban District. These boys have been showing me support through my Karmaloop affiliation so it's only right I return the favor. Not to mention that their music is my kind of taste:

ME: How did the three members of Suburban District meet? How long have you guys known each other? How long have you been a group?

"Fair and Octavion met through a mutual friend and they've known each other for several years. I met Fair early '07. We were actually co-workers at Texas Roadhouse, plug. We shared a common passion for creating Hip-Hop music. He introduced me to Octavion later that year and as they say the rest was history. However, we've only been a group for a couple months. We been on our solo shit for a while". -Tim Porter

ME: How would you classify your sound? Rap/Rock/Techno? Which artist or group would you say you sound like or have been compared to?

"Honestly we are all of what you just used for examples. You definitely have to add, Hip Hop & Electro. We have a really really random style. Thats whats soo awesome about us. The artist you can compare is kind of NERD, Lady GAGA, Kayne, Kid Cud, Johnny Polygon kind of feel." - Octavion Xcellence


Shout outs to my dude for doing the interview, we moving and the only way is up. If you want pricelesscreativity and dru yorkian to break your music and your clothes, whatever's clever, hit us up. To read the rest of the interview, go to Druyorkian

No comments: