Monday, April 5, 2010

A Message From Odysseus

Photobucket

"Loojers tryina' get my attention, wowzers! So I acknowledge them once and go bonkers. Then everything is LOX'd up, Yonkers!"

LOL. I was waiting to drop that line the whole day today. I don't even know when I came up with it. Just some silliness for you. What's good world? Man, I'm glad I didn't write this note earlier today because I woke up in a really bad mood. Like I was grumpy as shit today. Not even coffee was helping. But the day gradually got better. Did some productive work at Complex, chatted to some people who cheered me up (Shout outs to the girls on twitter who kept me laughing).

My weekend was chilled. Locked myself at home on Friday night and hit the books. Saturday was chilled. Went skateboarding with my boy at a really nice skate park right next to the new Yankee stadium. I had never been to the new stadium so that was a dope experience. Even though I live here, I felt like a tourist for once. And of course I didn't skateboard because I can't do that for shit. And I'm too old to be breaking any bones right now (What up Losi!? HAHAHA).

Went to a spot in Brooklyn later on Saturday night. Matter fact, we first went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner. Had some good Japanese beer. But I gotta tell ya'll, from what I've drank so far, I think Thailand has the best Asian beer. I don't remember the name of the beer I had but it was madd smooth. Loved it. Then we went to a live performance of an indie band from Manchester, England. The guys are really good. I wish I could remember their name. Matter fact, I'm not remembering a lot of names from this past weekend come to think of it. Brain overload man! It's funny when I think about it because I was probably one of only two black dudes in there but I felt so in my element. Like I was getting down! LOL. Good times.

If you haven't noticed, I really don't have a special message for ya'll today. LOL. I'm just writing what comes to me. It's 12.07am so I'ma probably go to bed after this. I could have written this tomorrow but I would probably be rushing and making even less sense than I am right now.

Oh yeah, there IS something I just remembered. This is for the Hip Heads. I don't know if some of ya'll heard about the mini "beef" that Jae Millz has with the XXL Magazine Freshmen of '10 cover, talking about half of the dudes on there don't deserve to be there blah blah blah. He said his boy Vado should have been on there instead. If you don't know Vado, he's a rapper from Harlem who rolls with Cam'ron heavy. Dude probably has more songs with Cam'ron than he does by himself. Anyway, so I had heard about dude but not really paid attention to him. Plus, I live in Harlem and I pretty much know how Harlem dudes sound like so I wasn't too excited to look for his stuff. Anyway, I downloaded his 'Large On The Streets' mixtape today and have been listening to it the whole day. Not bad at all. I underestimated dude. Plus the mixtape is about 30 songs long. I like mixtapes that have a lot of songs. Makes me feel like I didn't waste my time downloading it. So if you haven't got it, you can download it here and make your own verdict on dude. Cam'ron also has some ill lines in there too. You gotta' love Cam for his uniqueness.

Ok folks, this note is a lot longer than I wanted it to be so let me say my goodbyes right now.

Stay hungry, stay thirsty, stay positive.

Deuces,

- Odysseus.

Blog.

Twitter.

No comments: